Welcome to November, the month to reflect and focus on gratitude!
I would like to share my gratitude for the following:
- The Arts Council—for a great first year of “Concerts in the Park!” I can’t wait for next year.
- Roy Complex staff and fundraising committee— making great progress! Spread the word and donate using the QR code in the Parks & Rec section.
- Our dedicated city staff—great events and public safety.
- Our committed and involved citizens.
Kudos to our many citizen volunteers and their successful recent events (hundreds participated):
- Cleanup after Roy Days
- Cleanup and rejuvenation of our City Office and Public Works buildings
- 911 projects 3⁄4
- 4000 pantry packs assembled 3⁄4
- 5k run with proceeds to first responders (congrats to Roy first responders for winning Clinton and taking the trophy) 3⁄4
- 20 gaylords (48” x 40” x 36”) of food donated
Volunteerism is associated with gratitude, trust, and well-being. Thanks for being involved! Check out additional opportunities and sign up on JustServe.org. Here are some highlights:
- Fire Department Education team needs six volunteers to help with public safety and education.
- Volunteers are occasionally needed for projects around the city departments such as painting, window cleaning, etc. Be on the look out for more details.
Mark your holiday calendars and look forward to the following events:
- Return of the Gingerbread House Contest! Bring entries to the Senior Center November 19th, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- The Christmas Lighting Ceremony on November 21st, 4:30 – 8 p.m.
- Home Christmas Decorating Contest.
Check city website at www.royutah.org or call 801-774-1020 for details.
As attributed to Aesop, “Gratitude turns what we have into enough.”
Wishing you a Happy Thanksgiving!
Roy City Council
CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS
Be a part of meetings! City Council and Planning Commission meetings are held at the Roy Municipal Building.
City Council: 1st & 3rd Tuesdays at 5:30 p.m.
Planning Commission: 2nd & 4th Tuesdays at 6 p.m.