Memorial Day Cemetery Info
In preparation for Memorial Day, grave decorations will be removed by city crews on Thursday, May 26th for mowing and maintenance. Decorations will not be removed again by city crews until Thursday, June 9th to allow for decorations to be displayed the week of Memorial Day. Please be sure to remove decorations by Wednesday evening, June 8th, to avoid having them disposed of. For more information, please call 774-1040.
Free Spring Cleaning Waste Pass
Roy City will be offering free one-time use passes to the Weber County Transfer Station while supplies last. Each pass is valued up to $10.00 and must be used by December 31st.
Homeowners, please visit the Utility Office at the Municipal Building with identification to receive a pass.
Bi-Monthly Billing goes Monthly
Roy City will begin monthly billing in June 2022. The last bi-monthly bill you will receive will be in May. The May bill will cover the catch-up from winter averaging. Please make sure you’ve updated your autopay and bank bill pay.
Grilling Safety Tips
From the Roy City Fire Department
As the weather warms and we spend more time outdoors, there is nothing like outdoor grilling. Here are a few actionable safety tips for a fun and safe grilling season.
• Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
• The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
• Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area.
• Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
• Always make sure your gas grill lid is open before lighting it.
• Never leave your grill unattended.