The Utah Department of Transportation (UDOT) is extending the I-15 Express Lanes between Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road. This project will increase mobility and reduce congestion along I-15 by adding an Express Lane to north and southbound I-15, resulting in the longest carpool lane in the nation, with 81 miles of continuous Express Lanes extending from Spanish Fork to Riverdale. Construction began in May of 2019 and is on track to complete fall of 2021.
Work on the project includes:
• Adding an Express Lane on both sides of I-15
• Upgrading seven bridge structures along the project
• Installing ramp meter systems at four I-15 ramp locations
• Concrete panel replacement and pavement grinding from Hill Field Road to I-84
• Extending the on-ramp from Layton Parkway to Hill Field Road
For more information, visit the project website at udot.utah.gov/i15express or contact the project team by phone, 833-I15-XPRS (415-8777), or email firstname.lastname@example.org.