We know you love your Instant Pot and air fryer, but this classic has been around for decades for a reason. We’ve got some new recipes for you to try!
BY HAILEY MINTON
I love this recipe because it’s delicious and incredibly easy. It’s my go-to recipe if I have a busy day with little time to prep dinner.
2 cans black beans
2 cans corn
2 cans Rotelle (tomatoes with green chiles)
2 chicken breasts
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 packet dry ranch (or 2 T)
1 brick of cream cheese
Throw everything except the cream cheese into a crock pot.
Don’t discard the liquid from the corn or beans; that belongs in the crock pot too. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4. About an hour before you’re ready to eat, open the crock pot and shred the chicken, then stir in the brick of cream cheese. My favorite way to shred the chicken is to use kitchen scissors to cut up the chunks while it’s still in the crock pot. Serve with tortilla chips.
- Get rid of the white film in a slow cooker with baking soda and dish soap.
- Cook the main dish and sides at the same time by wrapping individual foods in foil.
- Use your slow cooker to keep food (like mashed potatoes) warm at dinner gatherings.
- SMELLS GOOD!
Use your crockpot as an air freshener by adding lemon or orange slices and a cinnamon stick or a couple drops of essential oil.
- Catch unwanted condensation with a towel placed under your slow cooker lid.
- Save time by lining your crockpot with foil–makes clean up easy!
Click the links below for more delicious crockpot recipes!