From Roy Water Conservancy District
Here are some reminders to keep your summer safe & your lawns green:
WATER CONSERVATION & RESTRICTIONS
We have the same watering restrictions in place every year as we require all of our customers to practice water conservation. Our Board of Trustees has put the following restrictions in place for ALL customers of Roy Water Conservancy District:
- There is ABSOLUTELY NO WATERING between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m. allowed!!!!!
- Watering on consecutive days is NOT ALLOWED.
- Watering multiple times in a given day is NOT ALLOWED.
- Watering for excessive lengths of time is NOT ALLOWED.
- Failing to repair leaking water lines and sprinkler heads is a VIOLATION.
- Allowing secondary water to run waste down the gutter is NOT ALLOWED.
- Allowing sprinkler heads to spray streets, sidewalks, or other hard-surface areas instead of landscape is NOT ALLOWED.
- Any other use of secondary water deemed excessive or wasteful is a VIOLATION.
Please report any violations of these restrictions to our office at 801-825-9744. We all need to do our part to help with water conservation!
— — — — —
This is an easy-to-follow schedule that will help keep your lawn green while conserving water – it’s a win-win!
- Start watering on Mother’s Day ever year, once every 5 days
- Starting on Father’s day, change your watering schedule to once every 3 days
- Once Labor Day comes around, go back to watering once every 5 days
- Around Columbus Day (or earlier), stop watering
— — — — —
Cross connections occur when someone connects the secondary (irrigation) water line into the culinary (drinking) water lines. Because the pressure in the secondary water system is higher than the pressure in the culinary water system, the secondary water will be forced into the culinary water line if they are cross connected. If you drink this water, you could become ill or even die. Cross connections are illegal. If you notice someone who has a cross connection or you question whether or not your culinary system has been cross connected with secondary water, please contact Roy City Water Department at 801-774-1090 or Roy Water Conservancy District at 801-825-9744 immediately.
If you have any questions pertaining to the system or notice any water leaks, call the District at 801-825-9744 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding holidays. If it is an emergency and after business hours, call the Weber Area Dispatch at 801-629-8221, and they will contact the person on emergency call.