Chicken and rabbit permits

Chickens and rabbits are allowed in all R-1 (Single family) zones. Property must have a minimum of 8000 square feet. Six chickens (excluding roosters and crowing hens), or six rabbits, or a combination of chickens and rabbits, not to exceed six, are allowed. A city permit is required and must be renewed annually.

All chickens and rabbits must be contained within an enclosure (coop and run) within the rear yard. No enclosures will be permitted in the front or side yards.
For more information, call (801)774-1040 or visit the Roy City website at


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.