As a coalition the Roy Communities That Care is dedicated to partnering with and supporting many organizations to help strengthen the youth in our Roy Community which will create a better community as a whole.
DID YOU KNOW?
Volunteering brings about several benefits to those who are being helped. But did you know that there are actually some surprising benefits of volunteering for the volunteer himself?
- Builds Community- Volunteering creates stronger bonds.
- Increases Socializing- Better brain function and lower risk for depression and anxiety. Improves your immune system.
- Builds Bonds/Creates Friends- Creates stronger bonds between friends, family and coworkers.
- Develops Emotional Stability- Improved Mental Health and Happiness.
- Improves Self-Esteem- Develops self-esteem, confidence and feelings of self-worth.
- Helps Those Affected By Mental Illness- Gives tools needed to be happier, healthier and well-rounded individuals.
- Promotes Longevity- Boosts physical health, less disease and better overall health.
- Reduces Risk of Alzheimer’s- Research has shown – may be at lower risk of dementia.
- Leads to Graceful Aging- Older volunteers benefit from getting out of the house, engaging with others and moving physically.
- Burns That Stubborn Belly Fat- The risks associated with less daily movement include back pain, disease, obesity and more stress and mental illness.
- Improves School and College Experience- Builds social skills and develops awareness.
- Provides Better Job Prospects- Listed on a resume can often showcase your skills, teamwork and a talent for innovation.
- Develops Corporate Communities- Employee volunteer programs may attract more committed employees.
- Volunteering Adds Fun to Your Years- Giving freely of your time, energy and resources will create an impact in our community.
It is incredible to think that one person’s efforts can change the life of someone. If you are ready to make friends, improve your mental and physical health, and maybe develop new skills along the way, join Roy Communities That Care! Don’t overlook the benefits of volunteering. Embrace them!
There are opportunities for all levels of commitment, whether it is serving on the Community Board, a workgroup, or helping at an event. As a Community Board Member, you can volunteer one hour per month and help decide how to create a meaningful impact on our Roy Community. The coalition’s success is dependent on local residents getting involved.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT: