Public Works: We All Live Downstream


This is a friendly reminder that discharging or washing antifreeze, motor oil, gasoline, paints, solvents, fertilizers and cement into the storm drain system is illegal.  Antifreeze is also attractive and yet harmful to animals. Please dispose of hazardous materials in the proper manner and place. The Weber County Solid Waste Transfer Station may be contacted at 801-399-8358 for information on hazardous material disposal.

Roy City would like to thank the citizens who have assisted with storm water drainage by clearing leaves and debris from the gutters and the storm drain grates.  Citizens can be a big help in the winter months also by clearing snow and ice away from the grates until the City crews arrive to clear them.

Please sweep up or use a blower to blow grass clippings and fertilizers that get onto driveways, sidewalk, and gutters or streets back onto your own lawn.

Please call Roy City Public Works before draining backyard pools. Chlorine levels need to be at 0 before the pool can be drained.

The Roy City storm water system runs through the Meadow Creek fishing pond. This water is vital to the pond and must be kept clean. Please dispose of grass clippings, pet waste, paint, fertilizers, tree leaves and seeds etc., properly and help keep our City streets as well as streams and rivers clean.

What kind of contaminants might reach our rivers and streams?

Contaminants resulting from unwise landscaping practices such as over watering might include: dirt, leaves, grass clippings, fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides.

Masonry and Paving: Fresh concrete and cement-related mortars that wash into lakes, rivers, and streams are toxic to fish and the aquatic environment. Disposing of these materials to storm drains or streams causes serious problems – and is prohibited by law!

Oil: Pour waste oil into an unbreakable container (plastic milk jug), seal and label. Do not mix other materials with oil. Call 801-399-8381 or 1-800-458-0145 for disposal.

Please contact the Roy City Public Works Department to report violations at 801-744-1090 or (801)774-1098, if it is after hours please call Weber Dispatch at 801-629-8221. Our current storm water ordinance is on our website at


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.