Holiday Garbage Collection Schedule

Beginning the day of the week the holiday falls on, garbage will be delayed one day of the remainder of the week ending with the normal Friday Collection being picked up Saturday. The following regular Monday pickup reverts to the regular schedule with collection on Monday. For info contact Waste Mgmt: 801-731-5052
or Weber County Landfill: 801-399-8358

2019 Spring Dumpster Dates (Ext. 1090)
Public Works will have dumpsters available to Roy City residents April 8, 2019 through April 20, 2019.
Hours: Monday through Friday 6:30 PM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Residents must sign in at the office and show proof of residency. No tires, paint, toxic or hazardous materials, herbicides pesticides, etc. Public Works does have the right to refuse any items deemed dangerous or hazardous. Glass and metal are accepted year round at the Public Works building.

RV Dump (Ext. 1090)
An RV dump is available to citizens of Roy City located at the Public Works Facility, 5460 S. 2700 W. Please check in at the front office and show valid Roy residency. Dumping available Monday through Thursday 7 AM to 3:30 PM, and Friday from 7 AM to 10 AM.

Cemetery Maintenance Schedule
Beginning March 28th through October 31st all grave decorations will be removed by City crews every Thursday for mowing and maintenance. If weather prevents mowing on Thursday, maintenance will be performed on the first working day thereafter. Please be sure to remove decorations by Wednesday evening to avoid having them disposed.

Chicken and Rabbit Permits (Ext. 1040)
Chickens and rabbits are allowed in all R-1 (Single family) zones. Property must have a minimum of 8000 square feet. Six chickens (excluding roosters and crowing hens), or six rabbits, or a combination of chickens and rabbits not to exceed six are allowed. A city permit is required and must be renewed annually. 
All chickens and rabbits must be contained within an enclosure (coop and run) within the rear yard. No enclosures will be permitted in the front or side yards.

Beekeeping Permits (Ext. 1040)
Roy City requires a permit for beekeeping of honey bees within the City. If you plan to be a beekeeper in the future, please apply for your permit prior to acquiring honey bees to assure that you meet the proper requirements. Permits are renewed annually in January.


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.